On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center of Santa Clarita Valley, we extend our warmest congratulations to the Santa Clarita Muslim Community in particular, and the Muslim Community worldwide in general, for the arrival of the Holy Month of Ramadan which will begin, Inshaallah, on Monday, May 6th, 2019. We ask Allah (SWT) to enable all of us to increase our prayers and good deeds during this blessed month.
Inshaallah, the Ramadan program at AUCSCV’s Canyon Country Masjd (18027 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country 91351) will consist of the following:
- Daily Iftar, which will be sponsored by community members, or potluck. Anyone interested in sponsoring Iftar is encouraged to put his/her name on the sponsorship sign-up sheet currently posted in the Masjid, call the Masjid’s phone number (661 347-8367), or send an email to Aucscv@gmail.com to find out which days are still available for sponsorship.
- Taraweeh prayers will be led by Sheikh Mustafa, who will be with us from Egypt, and Brother Faizul Mubeen Shahibzada. The first Taraweeh will be on Sunday, May 5, 2019, right after Isha Prayer, which will be at 9:30 PM. The format of the Prayers will be as follows:
- Four Rakaas
- Short talk/reflections (5 to 7 minute)
- Four Rakaas
- Witr Prayer for those who can pray only Eight Rakaas
- Twelve Rakaas
- Witr Prayer
- Khatm Al-Quraan will, Inshallah be on Ramadan 26 (Friday, May 31, 2019)
- The Masjid will be open every night for anyone who wants to do Tahajjud after Taraweeh Prayers.
- Inshaallah, Sheikh Mustafa will be conducting classes in Quran and Fiqh. The schedule of these classes will be announced soon.