On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center of Santa Clarita Valley, we extend our warmest congratulations to the Santa Clarita Muslim Community, and the Muslim Communities worldwide , for the arrival of the Holy Month of Ramadan which will begin, Inshaallah, on Wednesday, May 16, 2018. We ask Allah (SWT) to enable all of us to increase our prayers and good deeds during this blessed month.
Inshaallah, the Ramadan program at AUCSCV’s Canyon Country Masjd (18027 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country 91351) will consist of the following:
- Daily Iftar, which will, for the most part, be sponsored by community members. Anyone interested in sponsoring Iftar is encouraged to put his/her name on the sponsorship sign-up sheet currently posted in the Masjid, or call the Masjid’s phone number (661 347-8367) to find out which days are still available for sponsorship. In the event some nights end-up being without Iftar sponsors, we’ll have a potluck style Iftar.
- Taraweeh prayers will be led by Sheikh Mostafa who has travelled from Egypt to spend the entire month of Ramadan with us. The first Taraweeh Prayer will be on Tuesday, May 15, right after Isha Prayer, which will be at 9:45 PM. The format of the Taraweeh Prayers will be as follows:
- Four Rakaas
- Short lecture (Khatira) – 5 to 7 minutes
- Four Rakaas
- Witr Prayer for those who can pray only Eight Rakaas
- Twelve Rakaas
- Witr Prayer
- Khatm Al-Quraan will, Inshallah be on the June 10 (Lailat Alqadr)
- The Masjid will be open every night for anyone who wants to do Tahajjud after Taraweeh Prayers.
- Inshaallah, the visiting Sheikhs will be conducting Quraan Tajweed classes, and the schedule of these classes will be announced soon.
We ask everyone to park only in designated parking spaces. Any vehicles parked in red zones or double parked will be towed away at owner’s expense. While inside Masjid property, please reduce your speed to 5 miles per hour.