Inshallah Eid El-Fitr will be this Friday, June 15, 2018. On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center, we wish everyone Eid Mubarak, and pray to Allah (AWT) to shower the entire humanity with peace and mercy on this great occasion and forever.
Inshallah the three Masajid in the Santa Clarita Valley (Al-Umma Center, Islamic Center, and Unity Center) will all be joining together to perform the Eid Prayer. Islamic Center of Santa Clarita is the event sponsor. The following are the details of the Eid Prayer:
When: Friday, June 15, 2018 – Takbeer will start at 7:30 AM, Salat at 8:00 AM, and Khutbah immediately after Salat
Where: HYAT REGENCY VALENCIA
24500 Town Center Drive, Valencia ,CA 91355
Khateeb: Dr. Omran Abdeen:
Parking: will be at the regular parking lot next to the Hall Prayer and the parking structure next to the hotel reception desk.
Refreshments: Coffee and donuts will be served after Khutbah
Volunteers: are needed to help with preparing the prayer hall, parking signs, coffee and donuts , and other tasks. To provide volunteers name, please contact Br Jaweed Kahn at 661-670-1795.
Br Jaweed will call for a meeting soon to coordinate this event.
On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center of Santa Clarita Valley, we extend our warmest congratulations to the Santa Clarita Muslim Community, and the Muslim Communities worldwide , for the arrival of the Holy Month of Ramadan which will begin, Inshaallah, on Wednesday, May 16, 2018. We ask Allah (SWT) to enable all of us to increase our prayers and good deeds during this blessed month.
Inshaallah, the Ramadan program at AUCSCV’s Canyon Country Masjd (18027 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country 91351) will consist of the following:
- Daily Iftar, which will, for the most part, be sponsored by community members. Anyone interested in sponsoring Iftar is encouraged to put his/her name on the sponsorship sign-up sheet currently posted in the Masjid, or call the Masjid’s phone number (661 347-8367) to find out which days are still available for sponsorship. In the event some nights end-up being without Iftar sponsors, we’ll have a potluck style Iftar.
- Taraweeh prayers will be led by Sheikh Mostafa who has travelled from Egypt to spend the entire month of Ramadan with us. The first Taraweeh Prayer will be on Tuesday, May 15, right after Isha Prayer, which will be at 9:45 PM. The format of the Taraweeh Prayers will be as follows:
- Four Rakaas
- Short lecture (Khatira) – 5 to 7 minutes
- Four Rakaas
- Witr Prayer for those who can pray only Eight Rakaas
- Twelve Rakaas
- Witr Prayer
- Khatm Al-Quraan will, Inshallah be on the June 10 (Lailat Alqadr)
- The Masjid will be open every night for anyone who wants to do Tahajjud after Taraweeh Prayers.
- Inshaallah, the visiting Sheikhs will be conducting Quraan Tajweed classes, and the schedule of these classes will be announced soon.
We ask everyone to park only in designated parking spaces. Any vehicles parked in red zones or double parked will be towed away at owner’s expense. While inside Masjid property, please reduce your speed to 5 miles per hour.
We express heartfelt thanks and deep gratitude to all the Brothers and Sisters who took time away from their busy schedules, and joined us in last Saturday’s Fourth Annual Fundraising Dinner Banquet. The tremendous generosity of all of you has generated approximately $100,000 in donated contributions. Inshallah, one hundred percent of these funds will be used to payoff part of the Masjid loan. Beyond the event’s financial accomplishment, what we appreciate even more is the sense of a strong supportive community, everyone exhibited. In addition to our local community members, many Brother and Sisters from allover Southern California came and strongly supported the event, and to everyone of them we are deeply appreciative. Special thanks to Dr. Omran Abdeen, Dr. Mustafa Dabbagh, Dr. Sayed Jumaa Salam, and Sheikh Omar Jubran who, as always, inspired everyone and were instrumental in shedding light on the importance of giving for the sake of Allah.
We pray to Allah (SWT) to bless all of you and your families, and grant you countless Hasanat for your continued support throughout the years. Inshallah, we will continue to gain your trust and support in the future.
Our Journey toward paying off the loan continues and we request everyone to keep on donating to help us deliver the Masjid debt free and, Inshallah enable it to be a place where our beautiful religion of Islam is practiced and be a magnet for all those seeking guidance to the right path.