Inshallah, Eid El-Fitr will be on Sunday June 25. 2017. We wish Muslims everywhere Eid Mubarak, and pray to Allah (SWT) to bring sorely needed peace and prosperity to everyone, especially to the many Muslims who have suffered for far too long from wars and opression.
Eid Prayer in the Santa Clarita Valley:
- When: Sunday June 25, 2017. Takbeer starts at 7:15 AM, Salat at 8:00 AM, and Khutbah to follow immediately follow Salat.
- Where: Hyatt Regency Valencia (Grand Ball Room, 24500 Town Center Dr, Valencia, CA 91355)
- Khateeb: Dr. Omran Abdeen will lead Salat and deliver Khutbah.
- Refreshments: Served after Khutbah is concluded.
- Parking: Available at Hotel parking lot and at nearby shopping mall parking structures. For those who need it, valet parking is available @ a cost of $7.00
On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center of Santa Clarita Valley, we wish the Muslim community in Santa Clarita and the entire Muslim Ummah Ramadan Mubarak. Based on the ruling of the Fiqh Council of North America, the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan, 1438 A.H, will be Saturday May 27, 2017. Inshaallah, the first night of Taraweeh prayers at Alumma Center of Santa Clarita Valley’s Canyon Country Masjid will be on Friday, May 26, 2017, immediately after Isha prayer, which will start at 9:45 PM. Sheikh Mostafa, a graduate of Al-Azhar Universty will be leading the Taraweeh prayers.
Inshallah, the daily Iftar program at the Masjid will start on Saturday, May 27, 2017. Alhamdulillah, 26 nights of the Iftar program have already been sponsored by the generous families of our great community. There are only three nights still open for sponsorship: May 30, June 5, and June 23. Anyone interested in sponsoring any of these nights can do so by : signing putting his/her name on the sign-up sheet on the Masjid’s bulletin board, calling (661) 347-8367, or emailing Aucscv@gmail.com. We look forward to having community members join us for Iftar and Taraweeh prayers every night of this holy month.
The following is the structure of the Ramadan program:
- Maghrib – 9:10 PM : Breaking the fast, Salat Al-Maghrib, followed by dinner.
- 9:10 PM – 9:40 PM : Qura’n Recitation Halaqa led by Sheikh Mostafa. Inshallah, during the Halaqa, we’ll recite half Juzuu of Al-Qura’n Al-Kareem
- 9:45 PM Salat Al Isha
- Taraweeh Prayers: Immediately after Salat Al Isha, the Tarwaeeh prayers will begin as follows:
- Four Rakaas
- Khatira (spiritual message) to be given by Sheikh Mostafa or a guest scholar.
- Four Rakaas
- First Witr Prayer
- Aditional Rakaas for those who desire to do so.
- Second Witr prayer for those who didn’t pray the first Witr.
Inshallah, we’ll be having many night of Qiyam Al Layl, especially during the last ten days of Ramadn. We’ll be making announcements as to when these nights will be.