On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center of Santa Clarita Valley, we extend our warmest congratulations to the Santa Clarita Muslim Community in particular, and the Muslim Community worldwide in general, for the arrival of the Holy Month of Ramadan which will begin, Inshaallah, on Thursday, June 18th, 2015. We ask Allah (SWT) to enable all of us to increase our prayers and good deeds during this blessed month.
Inshaallah, the Ramadan program at AUCSCV’s Canyon Country Masjd (18027 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country 91351) will consist of the following:
- Daily Iftar, which will, for the most part, be sponsored by community members. Anyone interested in sponsoring Iftar is encouraged to put his/her name on the sponsorship sign-up sheet currently posted in the Masjid, or call the Masjid’s phone number (661 347-8367) to find out which days are still available for sponsorship. In the event some nights end-up being without Iftar sponsors, we’ll have a potluck style Iftar.
- Taraweeh prayers will be lead by three capable sheikhs who are visiting the Masjid from the UK and Jordan. The first Taraweeh will be on Wednesday, June 17, right after Isha Prayer. The format of the Prayers will be as follows:
- Four Rakaas
- Short lecture (5 to 7 minute)
- Four Rakaas
- Witr Prayer for those who can pray only Eight Rakaas
- Twelve Rakaas
- Witr Prayer
- Khatm Al-Quraan will, Inshallah be on the 27th of Ramadan.
- The Masjid will be open every night for anyone who wants to do Tahajjud after Taraweeh Prayers.
- Inshaallah, the visiting Sheikhs will be conducting Quraan Tajweed classes, and the schedule of these classes will be announced soon.
This Ramadan will be very special in light of the fact that the Masjid has experienced tremendous growth, since last Ramadan. Not only have we completed the first phase of construction and are in the middle of phase 2, the number of Brothers and Sisters who frequent the Masjid has been steadily increasing due in part to the many high quality educational programs for children and adults alike. We look forward to everyone joining us in this year’s Ramadan program.