On behalf of everyone at Al-Umma Center of Santa Clarita Valley, we wish the Muslim community in Santa Clarita and the entire Muslim Ummah Ramadan Mubarak. Based on the ruling of the Fiqh Council of North America, the first day of the blessed month of Ramadan, 1437 A.H, will be Monday June 6, 2016. Inshaallah, the first night of Taraweeh prayers at Alumma Center of Santa Clarita Valley’s Canyon Country Masjid will be on Sunday, June 5, 2016, immediately after Isha prayer, which will start at 9:45 PM. Sheikh Mostafa, a graduate of Al-Azhar Universty will be leading the Taraweeh prayers.
Inshallah, the daily Iftar program at the Masjid will start on Monday, June 6, 2016. Alhamdulillah, 27 nights of the Iftar program have alreay been sponsored by the generous families of our great community. There are only three nights still open for sopnsorship: June 28, July 4th and Jul 5. Anyone interested in sponsoring any of these nights can do so by : signing putting his/her name on the sign-up sheet on the Masjid’s bulletin board, calling (661) 347-8367, or emailing Center@aucscv.org. We look forward to having community members join us for Iftar and Taraweeh prayers every night of this holy month.
The following is the structure of the Ramadan program:
- Maghrib – 9:10 PM : Breaking the fast, Salat Al-Maghrib, followed by dinner.
- 9:10 PM – 9:40 PM : Qura’n Recitation Halaqa led by Sheikh Mostafa. Inshallah, during the Halaqa, we’ll recite half Juzuu of Al-Qura’n Al-Kareem
- 9:45 PM Salat Al Isha
- Taraweeh Prayers: Immediately after Salat Al Isha, the Tarwaeeh prayers will begin as follows:
- Four Rakaas
- Khatira (spiritual message) to be given by Sheikh Mostafa or a guest scholar.
- Four Rakaas
- First Witr Prayer
- Aditional Rakaas for those who desire to do so.
- Second Witr prayer for those who didn’t pray the first Witr.
Please click here to download the 2016 Ramadan Prayer schedule.
Inshallah, we’ll be having many night of Qiyam Al Layl, especially during the last ten days of Ramadn. We’ll be making announcements as to when these nights will be.